We’ve already written about what to expect from Magento 2.3.4 release. We should say that the recent version met our expectations — significant performance improvements, security fixes, and other important enhancements were made. You can find all of the new features with a detailed description in the Release Notes section at the Magento Developer Documentation website separately for Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce.
And now, let’s figure out what is worth mentioning but wasn’t specified at the pre-release stage.
Magento 2.3.4 Platform Upgrades
- Upgraded supporting MariaDB 10.2;
- Significantly improving the page caching & session storage;
- Enhancing the message queuing framework.
Magento 2.3.4 Performance Boosts
- Refactoring the customer section invalidation mechanism and improving banner cache logic;
- Refactoring the PHTML files for better support parsing;
- Adding the ability for merchants to disable Magento Reports.
Magento 2.3.4 Inventory Management
- Complete upgrade of the Inventory Reservations CLI command for reducing the memory usage when finding and compensating for missing reservations on large catalogs;
- Resolution of multiple quality issues related to credit memos, grouped products, source, and stock mass actions.
The next Magento 2.3.5 release is preliminarily scheduled for April 2020. We will keep you informed and will come with the news very soon.